Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday and not the fun week planned

Ashley is still in Kenya, haven't heard from her yet but one of the other college students actually texts her mom each day to fill her in. That's been helpful in terms of what to pray.

Sean has had the stomach flu since Tuesday - right after our breakfast out to celebrate our "fun week" with Ashley being gone. Sure didn't turn out that way. Sean hasn't gone more than 12 hours without puking since Tuesday - until today. I'm praying that we've turned a corner.

Yesterday I asked John to come home a little early from work so that I could still meet with Rosemary - I was going through withdrawl! I needed someone who could talk IE, carbs, diabetes and balance all in one conversation. I really do thank God for her almost daily - especially when I read what poor care others have had to endure when they saw their doctors for a diagnosis of diabetes. She also gave me another book to check out and a list of word that were really helpful to reflect on - the difference between healthy words and restrictive words in regards to eating. Shows the changes God is working in me - slow, slow, slow but there are definite changes. Thank you Lord!

Did go to see my therapist as well and we talked about doing a little more EMDR as there seems to still be stuff left with my fear of blood. Not looking forward to doing it, but would like to be rid of that too.

Found the very relaxing music at the therapist a good background noise at home so put it on my computer - and my ipod. Makes for nice prayer walks around the neighborhood.

Praying that next week might be more "fun" filled and less "illness" filled. Thanking God for our relatively good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment