One funny thing. I was listening to WMBI on the way to the doctor's and when I got there had a few minutes before I needed to go in. I flipped over to the music of K-Love and they were in the middle of the song "You are safe" by Phil Wickham. Same exact one that was on before I went for my CDE appointment and learned how to prick myself. God speaks thru song to me alot!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Bloodwork
Today I had an 8am appointment for my first fasting, A1C since my diagnosis with diabetes. It also gave me a chance to see if the EMDR had any effect. I started getting nervous on the way to the doctor - clammy hands and sick stomach. I also wondered - am I supposed to like it? Seems weird to me. The actual test was fine - I actually focused on the "waves" coming in and going out like I was at the beach and remember thinking, "why isn't she talking?" "It's awfully quiet" but just kept deep breathing. After she used something like an ace bandage to keep compression on the gauze so I wouldn't bruise - that actually was not super comfortable so I feel better now that I took it off. We'll see what the actual results are. My home fasting number was 124 this morning - even after I walked. We'll see what the lab says. I will say that after all this work the last 100 or so days, I'll be upset if my A1C doesn't go down. But then again, this is one weird rollercoaster of a ride disease!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment