Verse:
To the one who's dreams are falling all apart
And all you're left with is a tired and broken heart
I can tell by your eyes you think your on your own
but you're not all alone
Have you heard of the One who can calm the raging seas
Give sight to the blind, pull the lame up to their feet
With a love so strong and never let you go
oh you're not alone
Chorus:
You will be safe in His arms
You will be safe in His arms
'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart
This is the promise He made
He will be with You always
When everything is falling apart
You will be safe in His arms
Verse 2:
Did you know that the voice that brings the dead to life
Is the very same voice that calls you to rise
So hear Him now He's calling you home
You will never be alone
Bridge:
These are the hands that built the mountains
the hands that calm the seas
http://www.elyricsworld.com/safe_lyrics_phil_wickham.html
These are the arms that hold the heavens
they are holding you and me
These are hands that healed the leper
Pulled the lame up to their feet
These are the arms that were nailed to a cross
to break our chains and set us free
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
First Solo Stick
Yesterday I saw the nurse certified diabetes educator (CDE) at HPH. She was nice, matter of fact and compassionate to a point. Though I supposed if she was sympathizing with me, I might not have ever actually stuck myself. Yes, she was the one in charge of teaching me how to monitor my blood glucose. We did it first thing so I wouldn't be stressed the whole time - a good idea. She had me use the Freestyle meter since it takes the least amount of blood and the Multiclix lancet system since it has the needles in a drum - with the least amount of tearing of the skin. I'm thinking that's a very good thing! She walked me through it and other than getting clammy, turning purple and shaky - I did it.
Before I went in yesterday I was praying in the car while the radio was on. How much more direct answer to prayer was the song that came on by Phil Wickham called "Safe."
If you get the opportunity to listen on YouTube or Itunes - DO! What an awesome reminder that I am indeed safe in God's arms.
Today I was on my own and needed to find the strength and courage to perform my blood glucose before breakfast. I listened to "Safe" on my I-pod while sticking myself, a reminder of God's love and care for me. Knowing people were praying for me helped. So while I was shaky, I did it and moved on. It also helped to be able to see where I was aiming the blood for the strip - which is in the hole on the side and not the top black circles! That wasn't made really clear.
Yesterday's other milestone was I've reached 30 days counting carbs. That's a huge milestone for me! I'm treating myself to a massage as a healthy reward.
While it's easy to get caught up in the daily fluctuations of numbers, I just can't go there. Something else I need to leave in the Lord's hands. As my friend said, I need to worry about what I can change and let God take care of the rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment