It's officially been 1 week since I started testing my blood glucose and 38 days since I've been walking everyday and counting carbs. You'd never know that from looking at my blood glucose records though. Honestly! You'd think I'd been sitting on the couch and eating bon-bons. I can see why people would do that - this is really frustrating!!
Last night I did a two hour postprandial after dinner - had walked earlier - and my dinner had lots of healthy carbs and was even under the number I am allowed. Instead of under 140 - it was 166! Then this morning, my fasting was 122! That's what I was diagnosed at before I made lifestyle changes. Depressing! I wrote to my CDE at the hospital to see if she had any insight - or thoughts on having my period and squeezing my fingers to try to get blood out. Ugh.
Today is chilly but sunny and I'm reminded once again that even though the circumstances may not be what I like, it's still a day to rejoice and praise my Lord and King. I'll be putting in a worship CD as I drive down to get my massage - my reward for keep on keeping on!
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment