Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Small successes

Last night I was reading through the diabetes' boards and found a post by Alan about painless pricking. I need all the help I can get so read on. Beyond the warm water, hand dangling below my heart for 10-15 seconds, he also reminded his readers to press the lancet firmly against the skin and don't flinch! I may have not been getting the lancet in far enough to get enough blood. We'll see tomorrow. I also read Abbott's site and had the reminder not to try to scrape the blood in, but to just put the strip next to the drop of blood and let it suck the drop in like a sponge. (Might I have missed that when I was about to pass out even reading the instructions?!?!) With a little prayer and a "it's you and me God" - I pressed the lancet release, put my arm down while I got the strip ready, and low and behold - the meter took off. Now the reading after breakfast was 166 - but at least I didn't have to poke and prod and bruise myself to get blood. I'll keep praying that tomorrow is as successful and that God shows me places I need to change my food intake to bring my numbers down.

One day at a time, one prayer at a time. Lord thank you for the peace you give me - even when my numbers are not where they need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment