Friday, June 4, 2010

Door County Vacation


We decided to take a small vacation to Door County since we couldn't find the time for a trip out west this year. Give me water and time to read on a porch in an adirondack chair - and I'm good! Give me the best cherry pie in Door County - and I'm even better! Sure wish I didn't have to travel with a glucose meter as well, but oh well, cherry pie is worth it. With the beautifully cool weather and all the walking we're doing, my levels have been good - except the 195 after a whole piece of cherry pie! Still worth it :) I've been trying to watch my carbs that don't satisfy me as much and enjoy the ones I do have. Even found at the Sister Bay coffee shop a latte that I could add Stevia to and really enjoy! Mostly I've found making the iced tea on our little deck to be enough, but the latte was a nice little treat - and only had to count the milk they added.

So far we've hit Sister Bay (where we're staying), Ephraim, Fish Creek (pronounced Crik) and Washington Island - which was basically closed! Still a wonderful time - especially the bay that consisted only of polished rocks - no sand. I could have stayed there all day just enjoying the beauty of God's creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment