Friday, June 18, 2010

Log book 2 - the second 90 days

Today I ended my first log book of carbs with day #90. 3 months. Isn't that the amount of time to make something a habit? I also tested my blood before dinner and it was 95 - awesome. Then went to test it 2 hours after to see what that number would be - and I couldn't get blood for anything. I first tested on the outer-side of my ring finger. Not even a full drop no matter what I did. Then I tested on the inner part of my ring finger where I almost always get enough - and no way. I tried everything and it was just runny and a smear - then an error. UGH. You'd think after testing for a while, I wouldn't still have that issue. Guess it keeps me humble and remembering that I'm not in control. In fact my EMDR session today focused on finding a phrase that felt right and fit with what I want to feel when I have my bloodtest instead of helpless. That would be "I'm ok just the way I am." It's an interesting process and once again learning to lean into the Lord rather than controlling it.

Evidence of God's power and majesty today was the HUGE storm that rolled in while I was coming out of Costco. It looked like a tornado blowing in, and by time it passed and I was able to head home - stoplights were out, limbs down, and generally a mess. Right now more are rolling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment