Friday, June 11, 2010

It's not the mom - it's the gym teacher!

I had my EMDR therapy appointment yesterday which was very interesting. We joke that in therapy, just blame everything on the mom. In fact my mom is a little touchy about it. Well, during my session it turns out it isn't all the mom - it's the gym teacher from elementary school! Who would have guessed? Turns out that my gym teacher, beyond being emotionally abusive was also the person who was standing over me when I fainted in the 5th grade cattle call of MMR shots. Very interesting. I'd picked the word/feeling "helpless" as what I felt when I got a blood test and now I can actually see how it fits. Hmm.

I need to make Ashley's appointment for the travel medicine place so that she can get her typhoid shot. Add to that her polio (recurring in Africa), Hep A and B, and taking Malaria pills - there's alot of foreign substances in her body right now!

Healthy Choice Chocolate popsicles are my new favorite dessert - very yummy and satisfying. I keep trying to find what I can eat that is satisfying to my soul as well - it's the only way that intuitive eating is still working - well beyond supernatural help from God that is! No way have I ever been able to stay with making healthy choices for my body this long without His help.

No comments:

Post a Comment