Just finished putting out the solar fountain, replanting the herbs in pots on the deck and getting the umbrella ready to shade my reading spot. I'm ready! Now if it just cooled down from 91 degrees!
I've actually been sticking myself 2 times in the same day - my kids think I'm nuts! I'm trying to get information on what will lower my blood glucose levels without meds so I've been taking a fasting reading and then two hours after breakfast since those seem to be some of the higher numbers. One day the 2 hr. post prandial was 222 - raising 75 points from the fasting - that's nuts! So the last couple of days, I've done eggs and bacon/sausage along with one piece of Ezekial bread to see how that would affect my numbers. They are much better, more like a 25 point gain rather than 75. I'm hoping that I don't end up going really low carb in the morning. I'm going to try to add in more carbs the next day to see what the difference is, then move to before and after dinner. My next highest numbers.
Next week we're heading to Door County for a mini-vacation. I CAN'T WAIT!! I'm so in need of a vacation. I want time to just hang outside and read, walk to Piggly Wiggly and sit by the lakes. Whatever else we do that the kids enjoy is just a plus - spending down time with my family is such a wonderful treat!
Had my EMDR pre-session with the counselor yesterday. She worked on setting up my happy place - guess what - it's by water! No surprises there. Then next week I'm supposed to actually work through imagining a blood test or IV - sounds like fun. Speaking of which, went to the dentist today for Ryan and found out when they pulled my tooth they cracked the filling in a tooth (hopefully not the actual tooth! What a year!
Last night I spent alot of time going thru all the EOBs, dental payments and flex so I could sort out who'd been paid and who hadn't. Man, if I knew this was going to be the medical year it turned out to be, I would have organized everything sooner!
As I contemplate Intuitive Eating and what that looks like for me these days, I may take Geneen Roth's new book on vacation. Lots to assimilate this year.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment