Yesterday was Mother's Day. I was surprised by John attending church with us, though Ashley went to Village. I'm starting to get glimpses of that time where the children have their own lives and we'll be empty nesters. Of course with Sean only 6 years old, it will be a while - but still.
I really wanted to take a walk for mother's day but no one wanted to go with so I ended up at Fort Sheridan by myself. Maybe that's what God intended anyway because it was a beautiful day and time to talk to and connect with God as I walked amid the beautiful homes on the old base as well as on the sand by Lake Michigan. Sitting on a flat rock down by the water, warmed by the sun and reading my book was just the balm my soul needed.
I ended the day with crab legs and fresh fruit - yum! I even got one good drop of blood :) Of course, the number after dinner was 181 - but I'll take it. One day at a time, leaning into my Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment