Saturday, May 8, 2010

A rough few days

Wow, I feel emotionally drained. Perhaps it was the "medical" week of dentists, doctors, John's angiogram at the hospital, more dentists - or perhaps just the emotional outburst at my doctors. For whatever the reason, I feel beat up.

John's angiogram is over - for now. They found an 80% blockage on one small artery and 40% on the other. They were too small to stent or bypass so they're going to treat him aggressively with meds. Makes me wonder with his marathon background, what someone who's a sedentary, overweight mom's heart might look like. Can't go there.

I've tried getting a hold of a counselor - Gaye suggeseted someone in her office. Nothing yet - maybe she's on vacation. If I don't hear anything from her, I'll try someone else. Didn't get a drop of blood out the last two days, so I was determined to get one out today. I did, but not with out squeezing and prodding. So, don't know if it's accurate but at least I got a sample. This really shouldn't be this hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment