Today's sermon was on Restful Sabaths. I'm looking forward to reading the book and incorporating some of the ideas into my Sundays. One of the ideas was to enjoy creation with a walk. Since I've been taking daily walks, that sounded wonderful. I thought about going to Fort Sheridan - walking by the lake would be awesome. Instead one of my sons suggested Ryerson Woods to look at the ravines. I thought I remembered a nice trail along the river so I was game. Unfortunately they've re-worked the trails and we had no idea where the old ones by the river were. We got on one but most of it was grass - or in a lot of places thick mud - mushing through my new $110 running shoes while fighting off loads of mosquitos. Not the relaxing walk I envisioned on my Sabath. In fact it reminded me of an old Andy Griffith show where they went to church, heard about resting on the Sabath and then spent the whole day fixing an old bandshell - definitely not relaxing. Guess you'd have to remember it with me.
Tonight I have my 2 hr. post prandial stick after dinner. I know people are praying - really God I only need one good drop.
Well I may be muddy but after all that walking, I'm also hungry. Time to find what might be worth the carbs and satisfying.
No comments:
Post a Comment