Friday, May 28, 2010

Progress - for today

Well it may not last, but I'll take it for today! I did a pre-dinner stick and my blood glucose was 105 (took me two sticks too which hasn't happened in a while) and my 2 hour post prandial number was 129. Not bad - I'll celebrate and thank God! I don't know if it was the hour walk this morning with friends at Nippersink Forest Preserve or what, but I guess just like I have to take the high numbers, I'll enjoy the lower ones too.

Today Sean and I were at Costco stocking up on paper towels and toilet paper. I forgot Fridays were sample day and they had both brownies AND cheesecake - so not fair! I try to focus on what I can have, but still, it's hard. It wasn't until I got up to the counter and realized that as I unpacked my cart, it was full of things like salmon, broccoli, stevia, grapes, and these amazing Healthy Choice chocolate ice cream bars! Yummo. Now 69 days ago, you bet that cheesecake would be in my cart so for that I'm also thanking God that He is doing a new thing in my heart - and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment